About the Position: This position may be filled either as a developmental position or at the target grade.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates.
Recruitment incentives, including student loan repayment, may be offered to highly qualified candidates.
- Prepares coastal hydraulic analyses of storms, waves, tides, surf zone processes, littoral processes, wave run-up, wave overtopping and their effects.
- Performs professional engineering work to develop one or more of the major features of a coastal engineering or related project.
- These projects include, but are not limited to breakwaters, jetties, revetments, groins, seawalls, navigation channels, dredging, port and harbor operations, beach nourishment, wetlands, lagoons, and estuaries.
- Confers with engineers, planners and environmental specialists to define the nature and scope of problems and project objectives, and to jointly develop plans of study to address coastal engineering issues.
- Perform field inspections and investigations for orientation, observing field conditions, gathering first-hand technical data, direction of field reporting activities, witnessing, or conducting tests.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 20% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598160200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.